Sekeping Serendah is a private retreat attempting to tread lightly on the land. The very transparent and open sheds celebrate the beauty of the natural environment surrounding them. The 10 sheds are intentionally kept basic and free from lavishness, set within a 5 acres tropical rainforest. They float gently over the forest floor beside a bubbling brook.
The sheds are seen more as ‘glorified tents’ to provide basic shelter for its inhabitants as they commune with the land.
- Rooms: Queen-sized beds, beddings, ceiling fans, mosquito coils, mosquito nettings.
- Bathroom: Hot water shower, soap, toilet paper.
- Kitchen (all except Glass Box, shared kitchen for Mud Sheds): Toaster oven, fridge, electric kettle, cutleries, plates and cups, dish washing liquid, gas hob, cooking wok, knives and cutting board.
- BBQ facility (all chalets): BBQ pit, BBQ wire mesh, charcoal and skewers.
- Catered Nepalese meal (optional): Please order at the booking page at RM20/pax/meal (min. 4 pax required for order, dinner only view photo).
- WIFI at common areas: for unlimited calls and WhatsApp. Please look for the WIFI signages at common areas or enquire our caretakers for further information.
- Security: Safety box, panic button and call bell for each chalet. CCTV monitoring system at common areas and security fencing surrounding the compound (More details).
ITEMS NOT PROVIDED:
- Rooms/bathroom: NO towels, toiletries, shampoo, hair dryers, toothbrush, torch light, hangers, mosquito repellent or TV.
- NO eatery outlet or food stalls: Please bring your own food and drinks.
- Mobile reception is poor: We provide WIFI at common areas.
INSIDE THE RETREAT:
- Swimming (2 swimming pools)
- Jungle tracking (follow paved route)
- Sit back, relax and enjoy nature
- BBQ sessions at the comfort of your own accommodation
OUTSIDE OF THE RETREAT:
Sekeping Serendah is located near a sleepy one street town of Serendah, about an hour drive north of Kuala Lumpur. Drive time from Serendah town to the retreat is about 5 minutes, meandering past 2 Orang Asli villages.
From Kuala Lumpur, take the North-South Highway (NKVE) north and exit at the Rawang toll. After the toll gate, turn right and head north via old trunk road. Pass busy Rawang town and head toward Serendah (10km). Turn right at 1st set of traffic lights after Serendah Police station. From there, refer to this local map to find your way to the retreat.